Windows Servers are in AWS will show some glitches in sometimes. My previous article explains how Windows Server 2016 had some issues with DNS Suffix and Forwarders. This time I got a chance to play around with PowerShell automations. The requirement is automatically add EC2 instances to Active directory domain during the instance launch. It might be an On Demand purpose ec2 or launched by an Auto scaling group.
Before reading further about this DNS issue, I want to clarify few things.
- This issue happened only in AWS.
- Windows Server 2016 has this issue.
- On Domain Controller, I was Able to access the internet before configuring the AD/DNS.
- On Member Server, I was able to access the internet before joining the domain.
- Standalone Windows servers are working fine. Only the Domain Controller and the members of the domain having this problem.